Monday, August 29, 2011

Driving through a postcard

Have you always heard that Wyoming is "big sky country?" Today I drove through the southern version as I traveled west and south into the Everglades. The cane fields provide us with big big skies down here in Florida. Ocean breezes, sandy beaches, Mickey and Minny might top the list for vacationers but for me, it's a visit to the peaceful farmland we call the Glades. Giant birds swoop from field to field making their slow rounds, tractors far in the distance create a slow moving still life, and the sugarcane sways in the wind or stands straight in the hot Florida sun. It is like driving through a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. You should be a travel writer like that guy you love Peter mayle.... This was a beautiful description of an area I don't know I would have thought twice about!

    ReplyDelete